Training Courses at the SLC
Therapists and Practitioner Training Courses
For those wanting to move into one-to-one therapeutic work with children or to integrate sensory training into their existing work, The Sound Learning Centre offer suitably qualified individuals Practitioner Training for Auditory Integration Training (AIT) and also Lightwave Stimulation (LWS). Both training courses are of 5 days duration and delivered by Pauline Allen, Founder and Principal of The Sound Learning Centre. Pauline founded the Centre in 1994, working with sound and light therapies to help children and adults with learning and sensory difficulties. She is a founder member of the ILA, a dyslexia specialist, neurodevelopmentalist and an experienced trainer.
Pre-eminent sound therapy that works with underlying sensory issues associated with auditory processing difficulties, and frequently implicated in issues with speech, language and learning. Sound therapy can often help with social, emotional, behavioural and academic performance.
Well-established light therapy to help address light processing deficiencies which often seem to correlate with various learning, behavioural, reading and social difficulties. By re-balancing the autonomic nervous system, it can have profound positive effects on physical and emotional well-being.
Our next courses will be held online using Zoom on the following dates:
Auditory Integration Training (AIT) Practitioner Training Course (5 days).
Course Dates available:
Monday 8 March - Friday 12 March 2021 (5 days)
Monday 19 April - Friday 23 April 2021 (5 days)
Lightwave Stimulation (LWS) Practitioner Training Course (5 days).
Course Dates available:
Monday 22 March - Friday 26 March 2021 (5 days)
Monday 26 April - Friday 30 April 2021 (5 days)
Online Courses will commence 'live' each day at 9am - 1pm with trainees able to continue their course work during the afternoon.
- All courses will provide detailed theoretical and practical training
- Participants will receive a comprehensive Course Manual prior to course commencement.
We intend to run our Online Practitioner Training Courses regularly, so for those who prefer a date later in the year, do let us know.
For detailed information about these courses, please Contact us by telephone or email.
Feedback and Comments from participants of our AIT and LWS courses
- "Brilliant. It's been very informative and improving. The journey begins here!"
- "Amazing standard of information. Felt very supported and suitably challenged throughout the course. I have a great grounding and look forward to using this knowledge further."
- "Thanks very much. We learned a lot from you and the information was very valuable."
- "Very good. Many insights gained from the vast experience of staff. A very thorough in-depth course."
- "Thank you, Pauline and Phil, for a wonderful course and the level of professional delivery."
Sensory Training Course For Parents, Teachers and Professionals
SenseAbility is an intensive one day training course especially suited for parents, teachers and professionals who want to understand the sensory problems that can cause educational difficulties. Covering how the senses develop, how the sensory systems affect performance, what to look for, what can be done to help sensory problems and improve performance. The knowledge gained can be used at home or the movement and sensory training can be built into the curriculum. The course comes with extensive documentation.
We also offer an expanded Sensory Development Programme (SDP) – 3 Day Professional Course.
Please enquire about potential dates for both the 1 and 3 Day courses.
Feedback and Comments from participants of our SenseAbility Training Courses
- “An action packed day”
- “So thought provoking and a real eye-opener”
- “This puts so many things I was sensing through my instinct into place”
- “I can’t wait to get home and discover my child”
- “This is only the beginning”
- “Spread, spread, spread, information about this work”
If you know of friends or colleagues who you think may be interested to train in any of our Courses, please feel free to forward our information on to them.
For more detailed information about any of these courses, please Contact us by telephone or email.